Greetings, my name is Pat Branning. Nice to meet you and thanks for visiting my website. I’m still getting used to the fact that anyone besides my dear daughter Margaret and my dashing Southern husband actually read anything I write.
First and foremost, I am a self-taught cook. I really do love to cook but most of what I cook has to be local ingredients, fast and simple – you get the idea, ready in 30 minutes from the time I walk into my kitchen until we sit down at the table. So most of the recipes on this blog will be fast and happy. Weekends are exceptions because friends come over and we enjoy spending time there.
I love passing along great recipes that have been given to me by friends and family, some tried and true favorites from mother’s old wooden recipe file with those 3 x 5 cards written in her flowery script, and those given to me by some of the wonderful chefs right here on Hilton Head and in Charleston.
I’m a Georgia Bulldog through and through – the University of Georgia is where I learned I loved Southern. From there I went to Atlanta to serve as Women’s Editor for WSB Radio, the clear channel Voice of the South! Talk about southern, I now know what it means to make a mess o’ collard greens and even understand how far is “over yonder.” Only a true southerner knows that!
Andrew is a self taught photographer and publisher who is responsible for the daily operations of Branning Publishing, Inc. He is a graduate of the Ketner School of Business at Catawba College of Salisbury, North Carolina. He was born in Beaufort, S.C. where he learned to love the ocean, fishing
boats and hunting plantations – all part of our Southern way of life. He is passionate about capturing the unique aspects of our coastline and our vibrant culinary culture.
Branning Publishing a South Carolina corporation which was founded in 2014. Branning Publishing Inc is a family owned and operated business that has a mission to create beautiful southern lifestyle publications. Son Andrew Branning served as publisher & photographer for Author Pat Branning while handling the operations of her business.
Selected Past Appearances
Pat is available to give lectures, cooking demonstrations and special events. Through her collaboration with Berkeley Hall Plantation in Bluffton, S.C., luncheons and dinners may be arranged for any size group in the attractive setting of this renowned venue. Arrangements may be made in a variety of other attractive settings in the Charleston and Savannah area and beyond.
- Charleston Wine and Food Festival, Charleston, SC
- Morris Museum of Art, Augusta, Ga.
- Gibbes Museum of Art, Charleston, SC
- Savannah Wine and Food Festival, Savannah, SC
- Hilton Head Wine and Food, Hilton Head, SC
- Berkeley Hall Plantation, Bluffton, SC
- Colleton River Club, Bluffton, SC
- Hilton Head Plantation, HHI, SC
- Wexford Plantation, HHI, SC
- Belfair Plantation, Bluffton, SC – cocktails and dinner art exhibit and book signing
- J. Banks Design, Hilton Head– Palette to Palate Gala Cocktail Party and book launch
- J. Banks Design, Hilton Head– a series of luncheons, art demos and book signing
- Charleston, SC – cocktails with artist John Carroll Doyle and book signing
- St. Simon’s Women’s Garden Club, St. Simons, Ga.
- Glynn Arts Festival, St. Simons, Ga.